Sunday, April 21, 2013

Oblivion

I REALLY enjoyed this movie.  I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but these days when I go see a movie I have very low expectations.  I could count the number of truly good movies I've seen in the past three years on one or two hands.  So I set my expectations very low, and occassionally I'm slightly pleasantly surprised.

I'll go see any sci fi movie that doesn't look totally stupid.  (I'm not someone who believes in such a thing as a movie so bad it's good.)  I  thought the trailers for Oblivion looked interesting, but I wasn't really expecting it to be a great movie.  At the most I was hoping for some good eye candy.

Instead, it was a great movie.  Now I know that Hollywood CAN make a movie with great special effects AND a great story.  There are a few plot twists in the movie, so if it's not too late, I really recommend you see it and avoid any chance of spoilers until you do.







Check out LexStarwalker.com for book, movie, and game reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment