Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Man Behind the Curtain

Who is Lex Starwalker?

Those of you who've been following this blog for a while may have noticed that I don't often talk about myself. The main reason is that I want this blog to have CONTENT. That is to say, I want it to have content that people find interesting. I doubt a lot of personal information about yours truly would interest very many of my readers. I also know that there is a lot of me in this blog. Like any writer, a lot of my identity goes into what I write. The clues are there for those who look for them. Follow the trail of bread crumbs and you will meet the man behind the curtain....

This blog isn't the place for me to ramble on about myself, especially those parts of my life that have nothing to do with EVE. I want people to read the blog, after all.

In my first post I made a commitment to keep up on this blog and post at least once a week. I've exceeded that goal, however, since the beginning of the year, the blog isn't quite where I want it to be. The main reason is that RL has been demanding more from me, and it's hard to find time to blog as much as I'd like to.

For any who are interested, here's what's been keeping me from blogging as much as I'd like:

1) School. I've gone back to school. Not because one degree isn't enough, but because I want a degree with good job prospects (which is rare these days). I've never regretted getting my BA in Anthropology, but there's not much work out there unless you've got a PhD, and even then there's a lot of competition for positions that pay you a pittance. So I'm going back to school for nursing. I'm currently getting all my prereqs for the program. The program I'm going for requires a 4.0 GPA among many other things, so school is very intense as you can imagine, and it comes first.

2) Fiancee. This should actually be number 1. Keeping her happy is always my top priority and comes before school, work, EVE, everything. We're hoping to get married within a few weeks.

3) My novel. Yes folks, I'm writing a novel. Actually, it's already written; I'm editing and revising it now. Within a few weeks it will be ready to start sending out to publishers and agents. I will also be serializing it on my own website. It's an urban fantasy. I'm looking for alpha and beta readers, so if you're a writer, editor, or informed reader and you'd like to give constructive criticism, let me know.

I'm ready to get started on series two of the blog. I've already got a few posts and guides planned. I moved into a wormhole a few months ago, and in series two I'll be showing you what I've learned. I will follow series one's precedent of writing guides for the newbie, only this series will be for the newbie to wormholes. My web designer is working on a new banner for series two, and it will be ready very soon. I've been waiting on that to start dropping the new content.

I've been getting a lot of traffic on the blog, but I want to branch out and reach new people. This blog will always be new player friendly, but more and more I'll be posting on things that more veteran players will be interested in as well.

Thank you to all my readers for continuing to visit the blog. If you have any questions or requests/suggestions for guides, don't hesitate to let me know.

Now I've got to get back to my chemistry homework.

Fly smart.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't mind reading your novel at all. My email is gbrl.sanchez1@gmail.com if you want to communicate further about this.

    ReplyDelete